Information needed to conduct a search:
- Assessor's Parcel Number (APN)
- Document number (Doc. #)
- Book and Page Number (maps or document recorded prior 1994)
The Clerk-Recorder does not provide a search service. All searches must be conducted by the individual.
This will allow you to:
- view the image of the documents
- search old records on Digital Reel
Research time will vary.
- The average time per customer is 15-45 minutes depending on the types of request.
County of Santa Clara
County Government Center
70 W. Hedding Street, First Floor, East Wing
San Jose, CA 95110
Business Hours: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM PST (Monday - Friday)
Phone: (408) 299-5688
Click here for information on how to purchase copies.
The Clerk-Recorder's Office does not provide search service.
If you require a title search, please contact title company for title search services.