New for 2022
● The Santa Clara County Clerk-Recorder's Office Restrictive Covenant Modification Program and Implementation Plan may be found here.
● Beginning February 1, 2022, the fees for real estate recordings will increase by $2.00 per title pursuant to Government Code 27388.2.
You can visit us in person but may experience wait times. For the most efficient and least amount of wait time, we suggest the convenience of booking an appointment to have a set time for your service. Passport services remain by appointment only. Please click here to book an appointment.
To protect the health and safety of our staff and customers, masks must be worn by all members of the public in all County facilities regardless of vaccination status. All visitors to our office are required to wear a face covering regardless of vaccination status.
For Marriage license and ceremonies please click here.
- Birth, Death, and Marriage records in-person appointment.
*** If the event took place within a four-week period, the record is unavailable. You may pay for the record and we will mail it once it is uploaded into our system. ***
*** Most documents should be issued same day EXCEPT if the image is poor, or document is illegible, then it will be mailed to the address indicated on application. ***
*** LNR/Single Status: Two searches are allowed per appointment. If more is needed then, they must be mailed to our office for processing. ***
*** Amendments/Corrections: It takes four weeks for amendments and/or corrections to be uploaded in our system after it has been filed at the state office. Please let us know if the document was amended and should have a second page. ***
***Due to the timeframe of appointments, all genealogy requests must be mailed to our office with the appropriate fee****
- Passport Services in-person appointment.
- Recording services (Real Estate documents) in-person appointment.
- Business Filings (FBN, Notary Oaths, CEQA)/Official Record copies: email to [email protected], or schedule an in-person Appointment.